Swart AST Mk II Head / Celestion Alnico Cream Cab / Black Tweed
Earn up to $59.18 in rewards points when you purchase this product!
- Model: Swart ASTMkIIBT-112ACBT
- Manufactured by: Swart Amplifier Co
SPECIAL ORDER! PLEASE CALL FOR ORDERING INFORMATION AND DELIVERY TIME!
Stunning new Swart AST HEAD Mk II head & 1 x 12 Celestion Alnico Blue Speaker Cabinet in custom Black Tweed covering!
Arguably one of the best combos ever made, the Atomic Space Tone returns in Head Form, now with Michael's fully bypassable Master Volume with its own dedicated tube stage • Runs 6V6 & 6L6
We feel this amplifier hits it out of the proverbial park just like the original AST. It's just a hair bit hotter than the original combo with some more angst when switching to MV circuit. A quick swap of the 12AX7 to a 12AY7 in the MV V4 slot WILL yield unity gain, however. And although it was a long wait, it's well worth the patience because you're going to be blown away all over again. And although there is already a line that's been forming for this beast, musicians can take solace that this is NOT going to be a limited run. We only make that mistake once. And one last point... this is a LIGHT beast at only 19lbs with the 1x12 cab weighing LESS than the AST.
AST Head MkII & Cabinet Specifications
• All Tube circuit ~18-20w twin 6V6 High Class A Biased AB
• Can be powered by 6V6 & 6L6 Family
• Tube stage Master Volume that is bypassable for Purists
• Cathode "AUTO" Biased (no need to bias)
• JJ 12AX7(3) - JJ 12DW7 - EH 6V6 - JJ GZ34
• Tube Rectification ~ GZ-34 or NOS 5Y3 (See below)
• Sub NOS 5Y3 for earlier breakup/increased compression
• 100% Tube Reverb & Tremolo ~ Quality Spring Tank
• Hi/Lo Inputs for better PU Output matching
• Hand wired point to point ~ Made in USA
• Standby Switch ~ Amp warmed up|extends tube life
• Carbon Comp Resistors for BEST TONE
• Mallory, Sprague and JJ Caps, selected for Application
• Finest silver tinned cloth & Teflon covered wire
• Twin Outputs to run two Cabinets
• 4 / 8 / 16 Ohm selectable ~ Rear Panel Switch
• Dedicated 2 button foot switch included
• Extra Large Rubber Feet for Vibration/Protection
• As all Swarts, optional Export Transformer/Plug ~ $30k
• Solid, finger-jointed Cabinet ~ Lacquered Tweed
• 1x12 cab standard with Mojo BV-25 ~ Options available
• Head Dimensions: 17 7/8W x 9D x 10H ~ 19lbs
• 1x12 Cab Dimensions: 24W x 11D x 16 7/8H ~ 26lbs
Some more highlights of the AST Head circuit...
Designed to be powered by Twin 6V6's putting out 18-20 cathode biased Watts; the twin 6V6s seem to really put out an amazing mixture of soul~tone. We love this combo! You can also sub the 6L6 family for more headroom due to the extra beefy Transformers. And unlike the original AST Head, the MkII has TWO outputs and can run 4/8/16 ohm cabinets/speakers.
The JJ 12AX7 does duty as the driver and bias regulated Tremolo. Ever heard tube tremolo? You will now. If you're a tremolo fan, you won't go back.
Reverb is all tube. Tube Reverb is the only way to go and our implementation leaves the competition
sounding rather two-dimensional.
Simply put, it’s one of the most tonally expressive, organic, soulful, rich, and dimensional amplifiers in production, now in Head form with a Master Volume that's a step above the rest!