Red-Eye Twin Acoustic Pickup Preamplifier DI
- Model: FED Red-Eye Twin
- Manufactured by: Fire Eye Development
The Red-Eye Twin is an all analog, handmade, high input impedance DI and clean boost solution for musicians that play two instruments at the same gig. Designed and improved over the course of several years to meet the needs of performing musicians, the Red-Eye Twin is crafted from the highest quality components available. Engineered by an electronics engineer with over 50 years of professional experience, the Red-Eye design focuses on high fidelity, low noise and simple plug and play performance. This no frills precision approach to amplification offers a truly satisfying experience for musicians and their audience.
• Input: high-impedance, 1 million ohms, maximum 1 volt peak-to-peak level.
• Low-impedance, balanced, XLR output, 600 ohms, will drive long cables to mix-board.
• A / B Stomp Button selects alternate instrument.
• Mode Switch allows playing alternate instruments or both instruments
• Separate Treble controls and Gain controls for each instrument.
• Boost Stomp Button with Boost Gain control for amplifying solos.
• Long 9-volt battery life (~100 hours).
• Automatically uses XLR Phantom Power, when available, instead of the battery.
• Plugging an instrument in or connecting XLR phantom power turns Red-Eye on.
• Automatic power check: Pwr Chk Light flashes for 1 second if power is good when preamp is powered up. When powered up on the battery (without XLR Phantom Power) the battery gets tested and the flash indicates the battery is in the first ¾ of its life.
• ¼ inch output and input for accessory loop, suitable for stomp-tuners or effects boxes or for output to on-stage guitar amps or PAs.
• Small Size: 1.25 x 3.5 x 4.5 inches. Weight: 18 ounces.
Reviers and Press:
“Well, all I can say is, “Thank goodness for clean-boost pedals,” and my current favorite for walloping the front end of my AC30 is the USA-made Bright-Eye Clean Boost/Buffer ($155 street). This mini pedal takes up precious little real estate on my pedal-board, it delivers up to 20dB of boost with its adjustable Boost Volume knob, a Shaped Mode decreases highs if my boosted tone gets too sizzle-y (there’s also a Flat Mode), and the photocell-controlled footswitch is dead quiet.”
— Michael Molenda, Editor in Chief - Guitar Player Magazine, April 7th, 2017
Red-Eye Twin review in Acoustic Guitar Magazine:
Red-Eye Preamp review in Strings Magazine:
Red-Eye Twin Review In Fretboard Journal: