Red-Eye Acoustic Pickup Preamplifier DI
- Model: FED Red-Eye Preamplifier
- Manufactured by: Fire Eye Development
The Red-Eye is an all analog, handmade, high input impedance DI and clean boost. Designed and improved over the course of several years to meet the needs of performing musicians, the Red-Eye is crafted from the highest quality components available. Engineered by an electronics engineer with over 50 years of professional experience, the Red-Eye design focuses on high fidelity, low noise and simple plug and play performance. This no frills precision approach to amplification offers a truly satisfying experience for musicians and their audience.
• Input: high-impedance, 1 million ohms, maximum 1 volt peak-to-peak level.
• Low-impedance, balanced, XLR output, 600 ohms, will drive long cables to a mix-board.
• Boost button with volume control for amplifying solos.
• Treble control to boost or reduce treble.
• Long 9-volt battery life (~200 hours).
• Automatically uses XLR Phantom Power, when available, instead of the battery.
• Plugging an instrument in or connecting XLR phantom power turns the Red-Eye on.
• Automatic power check: Pwr Chk Light flashes for 1 second if power is good when preamp is powered up. When powered up on the battery (without XLR Phantom Power) the battery gets tested and the flash indicates the battery is in the first ¾ of its life.
• ¼ inch output and input for accessory loop, suitable for stomp-tuners or effects boxes or for output to on-stage guitar amps or PAs.
• Internal filtering to reject radio-frequency interference from neon lights and cell phones.
• Small Size: 1.25 x 2.25 x 4.25 inches. Weight: 10 ounces.